Tuesday, February 12, 2013

With Fat and Calloused Mouth



It is the rye that lubricates the reeds within my battered Marine Band.  Lemon Rum merely warms them.  Wine has no effect , leaving the reeds cold, lame, soulless.  The rye makes my mouth feel fat and calloused like the mouth of Sonny Boy Williamson.




          It is the acoustics in the bathroom that echo the wailing and moaning and stomping.  I drink the in the crapper on a Sunday night, pouring my woeful out before the Monday morning machine dance.




          The phlegm gets flowing from all the sucking and blowing.  I get fits of hacking and gurgling.  These spasmodic bouts summon up the spirit of my three pack of Player’s Plain a day Father, yacking and hacking in his work week weary morning ritual.  Because of this, I blow and suck into the battered Marine Band with a fat and calloused rye mouth with a certain holy conjoining with a dead father’s spirit, succumbing, surrendering to a lineage of weary.  It gives the week a sense of balance.  Rituals are crucial in a deteriorating world.

No comments:

Post a Comment